Havertys Recalls Concord Dual Power Recliner Chairs Due to Fall Hazard (Recall Alert)
This recall involves Havertys Concord Dual Power Recliner chairs with SKU 0-3500-1827 that is printed on a label affixed to the chair. The chairs are upholstered with leather in a variety of colors including blue and brown. The chairs measure 33 inches wide by 41.5 inches deep by 39.5 inches high. Havertys’ label is located under the seat cushion.
Potential Risks or Issues
When the chair is reclined and weight is applied to the chair back while returning to the upright position, the metal power mechanism assembly can bend and cause the chair back to detach, posing a fall hazard to consumers.
Has Anyone Been Injured?
- The firm has received nine reports of the chair back detaching, including two consumers who reported injuries involving the back, neck, and hip.
About the Recall
Havertys has issued a recall for their Concord Dual Power Recliner Chairs due to a fall hazard. The metal power mechanism assembly in the chair can bend, causing the chair back to detach when weight is applied while returning to the upright position. This poses a risk of falls to consumers.
Where to Find Unique Identification of this Product
The unique identification for this product can be found on the SKU label affixed to the chair. The SKU number is 0-3500-1827.
How Many Units Are Affected?
- About 930 units of the Havertys Concord Dual Power Recliner Chairs are affected by this recall.
Affected Batch/Date Range
The affected chairs were sold from September 2020 through January 2023.
Who is the Distributor(s)?
- The distributor of the recalled chairs is Havertys Furniture Company, located in Atlanta, Georgia.
Places Where Recalled Product was Sold
- The recalled Havertys Concord Dual Power Recliner Chairs were sold at Havertys stores nationwide and online by Havertys.
Where was This Manufactured?
- The chairs were manufactured by Artistic Leathers S de RL de CV in Mexico. The metal power mechanism assembly was manufactured by Ultra-Mek Inc. in Denton, North Carolina.
Actions for Consumers
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled recliner chairs and contact Havertys for a free repair by a service technician. Havertys will install a replacement part in the metal power assembly mechanism to fix the issue. Havertys is contacting known purchasers directly.
- Repair: Havertys will provide a free repair by a service technician to install a replacement part in the metal power assembly mechanism.
For more information about this recall, consumers can contact Havertys toll-free at 888-428-3789 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET Monday through Saturday. Consumers can also visit Havertys’ website and click on “Safety & Recall” at the bottom of the page, or visit https://www.havertys.com/safety-and-care.
This recall is being conducted in compliance with the requirements of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
How Can I Protect Myself From Falling Victim?
To protect yourself from falling victim to this recall, immediately stop using the Havertys Concord Dual Power Recliner Chairs and follow the instructions provided by Havertys for the free repair. Do not attempt to fix the issue yourself.
It is important for consumers to take this recall seriously and stop using the recalled chairs to prevent any potential falls or injuries. Contact Havertys for a free repair to ensure the safety of the product.