Recalled Product Name/Brand/ID
Textron Specialized Vehicles Arctic Cat 8000 Series Snowmobiles.
Recall Product Images
Potential Risks or Issues
The fuel rail dampener snap ring can become loose and leak fuel, posing a fire hazard.
Has Anyone Been Injured?
The firm has received nine reports of fuel leaks and one reported fire. No injuries have been reported.
About the Recall
Textron Specialized Vehicles has recalled its Arctic Cat 8000 Series Snowmobiles due to a potential fire hazard. The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is located on the front right-hand frame tube beside the right-hand shock. The snowmobiles were sold in various colors and have “ARCTIC CAT” and the model number printed on each side of the engine cowling.
Where to Find Unique Identification of this Product
The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is located on the front right-hand frame tube beside the right-hand shock.
How Many Units Are Affected?
About 8,350 (In addition, about 4,630 were sold in Canada) units are affected.
Affected Batch/Date Range
The recalled snowmobiles were sold from January 2019 through April 2023.
Who is the Distributor(s)?
Textron Specialized Vehicles, of Augusta, Georgia.
Places Where Recalled Product was Sold
The recalled snowmobiles were sold at Arctic Cat dealers nationwide.
Where was This Manufactured?
The recalled snowmobiles were manufactured in the United States.
Actions for Consumers
- Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled snowmobiles and contact Textron Specialized Vehicles to arrange for a free inspection and free repair.
- Textron Specialized Vehicles is contacting all purchasers directly.
Textron Specialized Vehicles is providing a free inspection and free repair for all affected snowmobiles.
For more information, consumers may contact Textron Specialized Vehicles toll-free at 888-525-6040 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday, email at email@example.com or online at https://arcticcat.txtsv.com/owners/recalls or https://arcticcat.txtsv.com/snow and click on “Recalls” at the bottom of the page.
This recall is being conducted in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Transport Canada.
How Can I Protect Myself From Falling Victim?
- Immediately stop using the recalled snowmobiles and contact Textron Specialized Vehicles for a free inspection and free repair.
- Consumers should inspect the fuel rail dampener snap ring for any signs of looseness or fuel leakage.
- Contact Textron Specialized Vehicles for inspection and repair if any signs of looseness or fuel leakage are present.
It is important to be aware of product recalls and be sure to take the necessary safety precautions if you own a recalled product.