DR Power Equipment Recalls Tow-Behind Field & Brush Mowers Due to Fire and Burn Hazards
DR Power Equipment has issued a recall for their tow-behind field and brush mowers, in partnership with Generac. The recall was initiated due to potential fire and burn hazards associated with the product. Consumers who have purchased these mowers are urged to take immediate action to ensure their safety.
Recalled Product Name/Brand/ID: Tow-Behind Field & Brush Mowers
Recall Number: 24022
Recall Date: November 9, 2023
Recalled Product Images
Here are the images of the recalled DR Power Equipment and Generac tow-behind field and brush mowers:
Image: Recalled DR Power Tow-Behind Field and Brush Mower
Image: Recalled Generac Tow-Behind Field and Brush Mower
Potential Risks or Issues
The exhaust pipe of the tow-behind field and brush mowers can break, leading to excessive heat and potential damage to the unit. This poses a significant risk of fire and burn hazards, especially in the presence of dry cuttings or spilled fuel.
Has Anyone Been Injured?
DR Power Equipment has received 14 reports of fires causing damage to the mowers. Fortunately, no injuries have been reported at this time.
About the Recall
The recall involves DR Power Equipment and Generac brand tow-behind field and brush mowers. The specific model and serial numbers included in this recall can be found on a white label located on the rear frame of the mower near the right rear tire.
Where to Find Unique Identification of this Product
The model and serial numbers can be found on a white label on the rear frame of the mower near the right rear tire.
How Many Units Are Affected?
Around 2,930 units of the tow-behind field and brush mowers are affected by this recall. Additionally, 102 units were sold in Canada.
Affected Batch/Date Range
The following model and serial number ranges are included in this recall:
- DR Power Tow-Behind Field and Brush Mower TB 25044B EN: All serial numbers beginning with TB2, plus 3002188267 to 30024310751
- DR Power Tow-Behind Field and Brush Mower TB 25044B ENC: 30030052232 to 3004525033
- DR Power Tow-Behind Field and Brush Mower TB 25044B ENR: 3004734233, 3004835965, 3005064288, 3005471720, 3005548665, 3007678624, 3008122643
- DR Power Tow-Behind Field and Brush Mower TBM 20A ED TDVE OF1: All serial numbers beginning with TB; in addition, 300275210
- DR Power Tow-Behind Field and Brush Mower TBM 20A EN TDVE OD3: All TBM 20A EN TDVE OF3
- DR Power Tow-Behind Field and Brush Mower TBM20AENTDVEOF3: All 3002188263 to 3002490281
- Generac Tow-Behind Field and Brush Mower TB 25044GENG: 3003540054 to 3004428691
Who is the Distributor(s)?
The distributor of the recalled tow-behind field and brush mowers is DR Power Equipment, based in South Burlington, Vermont. DR Power Equipment was a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems Inc., of Waukesha, Wisconsin, until January 2018. After January 2018, Generac Power Systems Inc. took over as the distributor.
Places Where Recalled Product was Sold
The recalled tow-behind field and brush mowers were sold at authorized DR Power Equipment dealers nationwide and online at drpower.com and Generac.com. The units were available for purchase from November 2015 through April 2021 at a price range of $3,400 to $4,000.
Where was This Manufactured?
The recalled tow-behind field and brush mowers were manufactured in the United States.
Actions for Consumers
Consumers who own the recalled mowers are advised to stop using them immediately. They should contact DR Power Equipment to arrange for a prorated refund or credit toward a new DR Power product. The refund or credit will be determined based on the age of the unit. DR Power Equipment is reaching out to all known purchasers directly.
Consumers should take the following steps:
- Stop using the recalled tow-behind field and brush mowers.
- Contact DR Power Equipment at 800-854-1565 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday.
- Email DR Power Equipment at recalls@DRPower.com.
- Visit the official recall website at http://lvtbrc.com/ or DR Power Equipment’s website at www.drpower.com and click on Product Recalls at the bottom of the page for more information.
For additional information about the recall, consumers can visit the official recall website provided by DR Power Equipment. The website contains all the necessary information and updates regarding the recall.
DR Power Equipment is working closely with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to ensure regulatory compliance and the safety of consumers.
How Can I Protect Myself From Falling Victim?
To protect yourself from falling victim to this recall, check the model and serial numbers of your tow-behind field and brush mower against the ones listed in the recall notice. If your unit matches the affected ranges, stop using the mower immediately and follow the remedy process provided by DR Power Equipment.
It is essential to prioritize safety and take immediate action when a product recall is issued. By following the recommended steps, consumers can ensure their well-being and prevent any potential fire or burn hazards associated with the recalled tow-behind field and brush mowers.