STIHL Recalls MSA 300 Chain Saws Due to Laceration Hazard
This recall involves the braking system of the STIHL MSA 300, a battery-powered chain saw. The chain saw is gray and orange. “STIHL” and “MSA 300” are displayed on the side of the chain saw. The recalled chain saw’s serial number is located on a label on the rear hand guard. Serial numbers lower than 447457319 are included in the recall.
- Potential Risks or Issues: The chain saw can take longer to brake than expected, posing a laceration hazard.
- Has Anyone Been Injured? None reported.
- About the Recall: The recall was issued by STIHL Incorporated on September 14, 2023.
- Where to Find Unique Identification of this Product: The unique identification for this product can be found on the serial number label located on the rear hand guard of the chain saw.
- How Many Units Are Affected? Approximately 2,800 units are affected by this recall.
- Affected Batch/Date Range: Serial numbers lower than 447457319 are included in the recall.
- Who is the Distributor(s)? There is no specific distributor mentioned in the recall information.
- Places Where Recalled Product was Sold: The recalled chain saws were sold at authorized STIHL independent dealers nationwide from October 2022 through July 2023.
- Where was This Manufactured? The STIHL MSA 300 chain saws were manufactured in Austria.
- Actions for Consumers: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled STIHL MSA 300 chain saw and bring it to an authorized STIHL servicing dealer for the free replacement of the brake drum and brake band.
- Remedy Process: The remedy process involves bringing the recalled chain saw to an authorized STIHL servicing dealer for the free replacement of the brake drum and brake band.
- Additional Information: For more information about this recall, consumers can contact STIHL Incorporated at 800-233-4729 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit the official recall page at https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2023/STIHL-Recalls-MSA-300-Chain-Saws-Due-to-Laceration-Hazard.
- Regulatory Compliance: The recall complies with the regulations set by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
- How Can I Protect Myself From Falling Victim? Consumers can protect themselves by immediately stopping the use of the recalled STIHL MSA 300 chain saw and following the remedy process provided by the manufacturer.
- Final Thought: It is important for consumers to take this recall seriously and ensure their safety by complying with the recommended actions provided by the manufacturer.