Electrolux Group Recalls Frigidaire Side by Side Refrigerators with Slim Ice Buckets Due to Choking and Laceration Hazards
Potential Risks or Issues
- The recalled refrigerators contain an ice bucket assembly component that can break, resulting in plastic pieces entering the ice bucket.
- This poses choking and laceration hazards to consumers if the pieces are dispensed out of the ice bucket.
Has Anyone Been Injured?
- Electrolux Group has received 343 reports of plastic pieces breaking off, including two incidents resulting in laceration and ingestion injuries when the pieces were dispensed out of the recalled ice bucket.
About the Recall
This recall involves certain Frigidaire branded side by side refrigerators with Slim Ice buckets manufactured between 2015 and 2019. The model numbers included in this recall are DGHK2355TF, DGHX2655TF, FFSC2323TS, FGSC2335TD, FGSC2335TF, FGSS2635TD, FGSS2635TE, FGSS2635TF, FGSS2635TP, FPSC2277RF, FPSC2278UF, FPSS2677RF, LFSC2324VF, LGHK2336TD, LGHK2336TF, LGHX2636TD, and LGHX2636TF.
Consumers can also visit https://www.frigidaire.com/en/frigidaire-recall-information to see if their specific serial number is included in this recall. The model and serial numbers are printed on a serial plate located inside the refrigerator compartment.
- The last letter of each model number denotes the various colors:
- F and S: Stainless Steel
- D: Dark Stainless Steel
- E: Black Painted
- P: White Painted
How Many Units Are Affected?
About 383,240 units of the Frigidaire branded side by side refrigerators with Slim Ice buckets are affected by this recall.
Who is the Distributor(s)?
The distributor of the recalled product is Electrolux Home Products Inc., of Charlotte, North Carolina.
Places Where Recalled Product was Sold
The recalled product was sold at Lowe’s, Home Depot, and other stores nationwide, as well as online at Frigidaire.com from November 2015 through September 2019. The price range for these refrigerators was between $1,400 and $2,400.
Where was This Manufactured?
The recalled Frigidaire side by side refrigerators with Slim Ice buckets were manufactured in Mexico.
Actions for Consumers
- Consumers should immediately stop using the ice makers.
- Contact Electrolux Group to request a replacement ice bucket assembly component, free of charge.
For more information about this recall, consumers can contact Electrolux Group toll-free at 888-377-7563 from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET Monday through Friday. They can also reach out via email at IceBucketRecall@electrolux.com or visit the following websites:
This recall complies with the requirements of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
How Can I Protect Myself From Falling Victim?
To protect yourself from the potential hazards associated with this recall:
- Stop using the ice makers immediately.
- Contact Electrolux Group for a replacement ice bucket assembly component.
It is important for consumers to take this recall seriously and follow the recommended actions to ensure their safety and the safety of those around them. By contacting Electrolux Group and requesting a replacement ice bucket assembly component, consumers can eliminate the risk of choking and laceration hazards associated with the recalled Frigidaire side by side refrigerators with Slim Ice buckets.