Best Buy Recalls Insignia and Yardbird Fire Tables with Lava Rocks Due to Burn and Impact Injury Hazards (Recall Alert)
This recall involves the Insignia and Yardbird fire tables sold with lava rocks. The Insignia fire tables include a cabinet housing the propane tank, a square table surface, and a recessed center inset housing the heating element and lava rock fill material. The fire tables have a black finish. The model number is printed on a rating label on the inside of the cabinet door. Model NS-PFT28BK3 (28-inch model) measures about 28 inches long by 28 inches wide. Model NS-PFT30BK03 (30-inch model) measures about 30 inches long by 30 inches wide. The recalled Yardbird fire tables were sold ready-to-assemble with a square top with twelve inset tiles and resin wicker on the sides. The tables include a hinged cabinet housing the propane tank, a recessed center for housing the heating element, and a cover for the center opening. The Yardbird fire tables measure about 43 inches long by 43 inches wide and were sold under manufacturer model number MPN70639. Only Insignia and Yardbird fire tables with lava rock fill are included in this recall.
Potential Risks or Issues
- The lava rocks can split and eject from the fire table, posing burn and impact injury hazards.
Has Anyone Been Injured?
- Best Buy has received six reports of lava rocks splitting or ejecting from the recalled Insignia fire tables with one report of minor property damage. There have been no reports of injuries.
- Best Buy has received two reports of lava rock splitting or ejecting from the recalled 2017 Yardbird fire tables with one report of minor property damage. There have been no reports of injuries.
About the Recall
This recall involves Insignia and Yardbird fire tables with lava rock fill. The fire tables were sold between July 2022 and April 2023 for prices ranging from $90 to $170. The 2017 Yardbird fire tables with lava rocks were sold exclusively through warehouses in the Minneapolis area between April 2017 and July 2017 for prices between $550 and $650.
Where to Find Unique Identification of this Product
The model number for the Insignia fire tables can be found on a rating label on the inside of the cabinet door. The Yardbird fire tables were sold under manufacturer model number MPN70639.
How Many Units Are Affected?
About 1,490 units of the Insignia and Yardbird fire tables with lava rock fill are affected by this recall.
Affected Batch/Date Range
The recall includes Insignia and Yardbird fire tables sold between July 2022 and April 2023 for the Insignia fire tables, and between April 2017 and July 2017 for the Yardbird fire tables.
Who is the Distributor(s)?
The distributor of the Insignia fire tables is Best Buy Purchasing, LLC, a subsidiary of Best Buy Co., Inc. The distributor of the Yardbird fire tables is Two Peaks LLC, acquired by Best Buy Co., Inc. in 2021.
Places Where Recalled Product was Sold
The recalled fire tables were sold online at BestBuy.com, eBay (Best Buy channel), and TechLiquidators.com, and through Best Buy for Business. The 2017 Yardbird fire tables with lava rocks were sold directly by Two Peaks LLC (dba Yardbird) exclusively through warehouses in the Minneapolis area.
Where was This Manufactured?
The Insignia fire tables were manufactured in China.
Actions for Consumers
- Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled fire tables.
- Contact Best Buy at 800-566-7498 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or online at https://www.bestbuy.com/productrecalls or www.bestbuy.com and click on Product Recalls for more information.
- Best Buy is contacting all known purchasers directly.
- Consumers should contact Best Buy for a free repair consisting of replacement fill material of fire-safe glass beads.
For additional information, consumers can contact Best Buy at 800-566-7498 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or visit the Best Buy website for product recalls.
The recall complies with the requirements set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
How Can I Protect Myself From Falling Victim?
To protect yourself from falling victim to this recall, immediately stop using the recalled fire tables and contact Best Buy for a free repair. Follow the instructions provided by Best Buy to ensure your safety.
It is important for consumers to be aware of product recalls to prevent potential injuries or hazards. By following the instructions provided by Best Buy and taking the necessary actions, consumers can ensure their safety and the safety of others.