I’ve used Mizon Multi Function Snail Repair Cream for about two weeks now and this is my review of the product.
But first… why would I use snail filtrate in the first place?
Korean Skin Care is the the world’s new crucible of beauty products and Koreans have been using nature-derived products for centuries. Nature is an amazing chemical engineer and snail filtrate, a clinical word to describe cosmetic-grade snail slime, is amazing stuff!
- Snail filtrate is packed with powerful nutrients such as hyaluronic acid, glycoprotein, proteoglycans, antimicrobials, anticancer properties, and copper peptides. Each of these single hese are ingredients commonly found in to beauty products and proven to be beneficial for the skin…and yet they are all in snail filtrate. It’s just comes this way
- These ingredients plump up your skin, prevent infection, contain special proteins to make your skin look younger, glycans to stimulate your skin’s immune response, provide anticancer properties (NIH says this, not me), and have copper minerals for skin firmness
- I’m an ingredients-reading type of person. I like the science of skin care ingredients. And… this snail cream is 92% snail filtrate by volume
- The remaining 8% is composed of other powerful ingredients like Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4 (aka. Matrixyl and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3), Adenosine, and sH-Oligopeptide-1, which is a synthetic peptide consisting of the amino acids lycine, glycine and histidine
Mizon Multi Function Snail Repair Cream Review
I ordered this snail cream off of Amazon and received it a few days later.
It came in a wide-mouth glass jar. Frankly, I’m surprised it wasn’t in a vacuum pump dispenser, or at least in a tube.The vacuum pump has become the industry best practices for product sanitation, reduced oxidation, and control in dispensing product.
When I opened the jar up, I could see that the cream was white and glossy. It had no odor to speak of, other than a very mild, pleasant scent. My first impression of its feel was that it was amazingly slippery and dense, yet fine-textured. The tiniest amount spreads a long, long way. It wasn’t what I was expecting; it wasn’t’ slimy in the least.
So, following the instructions, my first application was on my freshly cleansed skin in the morning. At first it was a little bit glossy, but it absorbed in after about 8 minutes. My skin felt slightly tacky, but only just. As it absorbed in, it felt cool and moist.
Then I put on what I normally use, an arsenal of skin care products that have proven to be very effective over the years. This snail cream was the only new item.
My morning products include:
- Vitamin C Ester Serum
- Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- CoQ 10 Serum
- Borage Oil
- Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4
- SPF 45+ Sunscreen
My night time products includes:
- Retinol in a Cream Base at 1% strength
- Vitamin C
- Borage Oil
- Royal Jelly
- Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4
I thought I saw a little difference with the pores being less visible, more closed up. I believe this was from the hydration since it was so immediate. It did make my skin look and feel more hydrated and dewy. However, I rarely trust my first impression. Experience has taught me that results, if any, really show up after 2-10 weeks of continuous use.
I’ve now used this for over two weeks and I see only a little difference in the pore size and grain of my skin by the end of the day. However, the skin on my neck and face feels and looks firmer. I’m going to keep using it until it is gone just to make sure I’m not giving up too soon. I know the molecular size and deeper absorption is key to changing the skin’s appearance. I still don’t know if I’m sold yet, but I am encouraged.
I like to repurpose products and mix-it-up with skin technology, so I recently decided to use this Mizon Multi Function Snail Repair Cream as the conduction medium for both of my hand-held devices:
- NuFace Personal Micro-current Device
- JenNu Plus Ultrasound Device
Combined with the devices, they actually work pretty well. I see and feel somewhat stronger hydration to my skin. My skin feels and looks firmer, and my neck skin is thicker, smoother, and more hydrated. Over time and with consistent use, I should really be able to tell any benefits I will have from this snail cream. I’m keeping this up and will see what happens after 6 weeks. I’ll update my review later and let you know how it went.
The Mizon Multi Function Snail Repair Cream is a good addition to your skincare arsenal for the purpose of long-term benefits. Younger, oily, or combination skins will love this, but it is not necessarily robust enough as a standalone product on mature or very dry skins.
The additions of Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Adenosine, and sH-Oligopeptide-1 make this a performance product that delivery results with continuing and consistent use.
The properties of this snail cream can be effectively enhanced when used with consumer hand-held beauty devices such as micro-current and ultrasound.
I recommend Mizon Multi Function Snail Repair Cream.