Recalled Product Name/Brand/ID
Husqvarna Grass Trimmers
Recall Product Images
Potential Risks or Issues
- Incorrect wiring in the ignition module on the recalled grass trimmers can cause an electrical spark or arcing, posing a fire hazard if gas is on or near the unit.
Has Anyone Been Injured?
The firm has received 12 reports of the recalled grass trimmers catching on fire, electrical spark or arcing, including two reports of property damage and one report of a consumer who suffered burns on their leg and arm when they attempted to extinguish a fire.
About the Recall
This recall involves gas-powered Husqvarna Grass Trimmers with model numbers 330LK, 130C, and 130L. The trimmers are orange and gray. “Husqvarna” and the model are printed on the motor housing. The SKU number is printed on the serial number tag on the bottom side of the motor housing. SKU numbers included in this recall are as follows:
- Model 330LK: 970514501, 970514502, 970514503, 970514504, 970545001
- Model 130C: 970514301, 970514302, 970514303, 970694601, 970694701
- Model 130L: 970514401, 970514402, 970514403, 970694801, 970694901
Where to Find Unique Identification of this Product
The SKU number is printed on the serial number tag on the bottom side of the motor housing.
How Many Units Are Affected?
About 403,000 units are affected by this recall. In addition, about 17,230 units were sold in Canada.
Affected Batch/Date Range
The affected grass trimmers were sold from October 2021 through November 2023.
Who is the Distributor(s)?
The distributor of the recalled grass trimmers is Husqvarna Professional Products Inc., of Charlotte, N.C.
Places Where Recalled Product was Sold
The recalled grass trimmers were sold at Husqvarna dealers, Lowe’s, Tractor Supply, and other home and garden stores nationwide. They were also sold online at Amazon.com.
Where was This Manufactured?
This product was manufactured in the United States.
Actions for Consumers
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled grass trimmers and contact an authorized Husqvarna dealer to receive a free repair. The dealer locator is available at https://locations.husqvarna.com/us/.
- Repair: Consumers can contact an authorized Husqvarna dealer to receive a free repair.
For more information about this recall, consumers can contact Husqvarna toll-free at 877-257-6921 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday. They can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the following websites:
- https://www.husqvarna.com/us/support/ (click on “Important Grass Trimmer Recall” located on the side of the homepage near the bottom)
This recall complies with the requirements of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
How Can I Protect Myself From Falling Victim?
To protect yourself from the fire hazard associated with the recalled grass trimmers, follow these steps:
- Immediately stop using the recalled grass trimmers.
- Contact an authorized Husqvarna dealer for a free repair.
It is important for consumers to take immediate action if they own one of the recalled Husqvarna Grass Trimmers. The risk of fire and potential injuries make it crucial to stop using the product and seek the necessary repairs. By following the instructions provided by Husqvarna, consumers can ensure their safety and prevent any further incidents.