Recalled Product Name/Brand/ID
Recall Product Images
Potential Risks or Issues
The dehumidifiers can overheat, smoke, and catch fire, posing fire and burn hazards to consumers.
Has Anyone Been Injured?
Gree has received reports of at least 23 fires, 688 incidents of overheating, and $168,000 in property damage with the recalled dehumidifiers.
About the Recall
This recall involves 42 models of dehumidifiers with brand names Kenmore, GE, SoleusAir, Norpole, and Seabreeze, manufactured between January 2011 and February 2014.
Where to Find Unique Identification of this Product
The unique identification of the recalled dehumidifiers can be found in the model numbers listed below:
- Kenmore Model number: 407.5353031, 407.5355031, 407.5357031, 407.5357131
- GE Model number: ADEH50LPQ1, ADEH50LQQ1, ADEH50LRL1, ADEL30LRQ1, ADEL50LRL1, ADEL70LRL1, ADER30LPQ1, ADER30LQQ1, ADER40LPQ1, ADER40LQQ1, ADER50LPQ1, ADER50LQQ1, ADER50LRL1, ADER50LSL1 (with date code 01/14), ADER65LPQ1, ADER65LQQ1, ADER70LRL1, ADEW30LPQ1, ADEW30LQQ1, ADEW50LPQ1, ADEW50LQQ1, ADEW50LRL1, ADEW65LPQ1, ADEW65LQQ1, ADEW70LRL1
- SoleusAir Model number: GL-DEH-45F-2Q3, GL-DEH-70EIP-6L3, GL-DEH-70F-2L3, GM-DEH-30M-1Q3, GM-DEH-45-1Q3, GM-DEH-70-1L3, SG-DEH-25-4, SG-DEH-30E-1Q3, SG-DEH-45E-1Q3, SG-DEH-70E-1L3, SG-DEH-70E-2L3
- Seabreeze Model number: DH470SB
- Norpole Model number: NPDH30PG-1
How Many Units Are Affected?
About 1.56 million units are affected by this recall.
Affected Batch/Date Range
The affected dehumidifiers were manufactured between January 2011 and February 2014.
Who is the Distributor(s)?
- GE Appliances of Louisville, KY
- Gree USA Sales Ltd., of City of Industry, Calif.
- IRP, of Pineville, N.C.
- MC Appliance Corp. of Wood Dale, Ill.
- MJC America Ltd. dba Soleus International Inc., of Walnut, Calif.
Places Where Recalled Product was Sold
The recalled dehumidifiers were sold at Home Depot, Lowe’s, Menards, Sam’s Club, Sears, Walmart, and other stores nationwide, starting in 2011 through 2014 for between $110 and $400.
Where was This Manufactured?
The recalled dehumidifiers were manufactured in China.
Actions for Consumers
Consumers should immediately stop using the dehumidifiers, unplug them, and contact Gree to receive a refund.
Consumers can visit the website https://global.gree.com/usa/channels/840.html to sign up for the waitlist. They will be contacted in 6-8 weeks with information on how to register for the recall.
For additional information and updates on the recall, consumers can visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission website.
This recall is being conducted in compliance with the Consumer Product Safety Act.
How Can I Protect Myself From Falling Victim?
To protect yourself from potential fire and burn hazards, it is recommended to immediately stop using the recalled dehumidifiers and unplug them. Contact Gree for a refund and follow the remedy process outlined above.
It is important for consumers to take this recall seriously and follow the recommended actions to ensure their safety and prevent any further property damage. By stopping the use of the recalled dehumidifiers and contacting Gree for a refund, consumers can protect themselves and their homes from potential fire hazards.