About WHILL Personal Electric Vehicles, Model Ci
Recall Date: 9/9/2020
This recall involves WHILL Model Ci. The product is a personal mobility device that is powered by a lithium ion battery, is occupant-controlled and motorized. The serial number of the recalled device ranges from C_1711188_US to C_1909011_US. The serial number label is located on the seat assembly. WHILL and Model Ci are printed on the battery compartment. The vehicles have one chair with a platform and four wheels. The chairs are black and the arm covers come in white, red, blue and black colors.
WHILL toll-free at 844-699-4455, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or online at https://whill.us/ and click on “Contact” and then “Support” for more information.
- Online at spinlife.com, scootaround.com, accessnsm.com and topmobility.com and other online retailers from November 2017 through September 2019 for about $4,500.
- WHILL, Inc. (Japan), of Japan
- WHILL, Inc. (USA), of San Mateo, Calif.
Number of Units Sold: About 1,160
- The vehicle’s control pad can malfunction causing the power to turn on/off and the speed to increase/decrease, posing crash and injury hazards.
- There have been 15 reports of device malfunctions. No injuries have been reported.
Resolution, Remedy, Fix
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled personal mobility vehicle and contact WHILL for a free replacement control pad.
Images of WHILL Personal Electric Vehicles, Model Ci