About Children’s Light-up Watches
Recall Date: 2/16/2011
This recall involves Buzz Lightyear, Tinker Bell and Lightning McQueen brand light-up watches. The Buzz Lightyear watch has a blue band with a blue outline on the face of the watch. The Tinker Bell watch has a purple band and purple crystals on the face of the watch. The Lightning McQueen watch has a red band and a red outline on the face of the watch. Each model watch is sold separately and is intended for children ages three years and older. All have a light up function that enables a child to press a button to illuminate colorful lights on the dial of the watch. A tracking code is engraved on the back of the watch, as well as printed on the back of the packaging. The tracking code is: K130-6377-7-10187.
For additional information, contact Walt Disney Parks and Resorts at (877) 560-6477 between 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit the firm’s website atwww.waltdisneyworld.com
- DISNEYLAND® Resort stores in California, WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort stores in Florida, The Treasure Ketch and Cast Member shops on the Disney Cruise Ship, and Disney’s Earport Shop and The Magic of Disney Shop located at the Orlando International Airport in Florida from November 2010 through January 2011 for about $30.
- Time Industrial Manufactory Limited, of Hong Kong
- Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, of Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
Category ID: 67542
Number of Units Sold: About 1,200
- Watch battery current interacting with nickel in the watch’s stainless steel back can cause skin irritation and/or burning sensations to children who are allergic to nickel.
- The firm has received six reports of children receiving skin irritation or burning sensations while wearing the watch.
Resolution, Remedy, Fix
Consumers should immediately take the recalled watch away from children and contact Walt Disney Parks and Resorts for instructions on returning the watch for a $40 refund.
Images of Children’s Light-up Watches