About Reptile strip light fixtures
Recall Date: 8/30/2018
This recall involves 20 inch and 30 inch All Living Things reptile strip light fixtures. These light fixtures simulate natural daylight and are attached to the top of the reptile’s terrarium. The 20 inch fixture has UPC number 73725773305 and the 30 inch fixture has UPC number 73725773306 printed on the packaging.
PetSmart toll-free at 888-839-9638 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. MT Monday through Friday or online at www.petsmart.com and click on “Recalls” for more information.
- PetSmart stores nationwide from March 2017 through July 2018 for about $35 (20 inch) and $40 (30 inch).
- Tianjin McLanzoo Pet Articles, of Tianjin, China
- PetSmart, Inc., of Phoenix, Ariz.
Number of Units Sold: About 23,000 (in addition, about 440 were sold in Canada)
Recalls From Other Countries
- The strip light’s fluorescent bulb can overheat causing the hood on the light fixture to ignite, posing a fire hazard.
- PetSmart has received six reports of the hood on the recalled light fixtures igniting.
Resolution, Remedy, Fix
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled light fixtures and return them to any PetSmart store for a full refund.
Images of Reptile strip light fixtures