About VYSSA crib mattress
Recall Date: 1/13/2015
This recall involves IKEA VYSSA style crib mattresses with the following five model names: VACKERT, VINKA, SPELEVINK, SLÖA and SLUMMER. The involved mattresses were manufactured on May 4, 2014 or earlier. An identification label attached to the mattress cover has the date of manufacture in Month-DD-YYYY format and the VYSSA model name. A gap between the mattress and crib ends larger than two finger width is an indication of the defective mattress.
IKEA toll-free at (888) 966-4532 anytime or online at www.ikea-usa.com and click on the recall link at the top of the page for more information.
- IKEA stores nationwide and online at www.ikea-usa.com from August 2010 to May 2014 for about $100.
- IKEA North America, of Conshohocken, Pa.
- IKEA North America Services LLC, of Conshohocken, Pa.
Category ID: 67542
Number of Units Sold: About 169,000
- The crib mattresses could create a gap between the mattress and crib ends larger than allowed by federal regulations, posing an entrapment hazard to infants.
- The firm has received two reports of infants becoming entrapped between the mattress and an end of the crib. The children were removed from the gap without injury.
Resolution, Remedy, Fix
Consumers should inspect the recalled mattress by making sure there is no gap larger than the width of two fingers between the ends of the crib and the mattress. If any gap is larger, customers should immediately stop using the recalled mattresses and return it to any IKEA store for an exchange or a full refund.
Images of VYSSA crib mattress