About Resistance Tubes and Resistance Tube Kits
Recall Date: 3/1/2011
This recall involves Fitness Gear and Fitness After 40 branded resistance tubes and adjustable resistance tube kits. The resistance tubes are yellow, blue, red, orange, gray or black and are attached to handles with a plastic clip. “Fitness Gear” is printed in red on the handles of the Fitness Gear-branded products. The Fitness After 40-branded resistance tubes have blue handles with thin green and red stripes. The recalled model numbers are: FAF00004, STA00017, STA00018, STA00019, STA00020, STA00021, STA00022, STA00023, STA00063, STA00064, STA00066. The model number can be found on the bottom of the package.
For additional information, contact Dick’s Sporting Goods toll-free at (866) 677-4771 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, e-mail Customer.Service@dcsg.com or visit the company’s website at www.dickssportinggoods.com
- Dick’s Sporting Goods stores and online at www.dickssportinggoods.com from October 2009 through November 2010 for between $15 and $60.
- Dalps & Leisure Products Supply Corp., Taipei, Taiwan
- Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc., Coraopolis, Pa.
Category ID: 68360
Number of Units Sold: About 229,000
- The plastic clip that attaches the resistance tube to the handle can break during use causing the tubing, handle or fragments of the plastic clip to strike the user. This poses a contusion and laceration hazard.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods has received four reports of contusions, abrasions and lacerations.
Resolution, Remedy, Fix
Consumers should stop using the resistance tubes immediately and return the product to Dick’s Sporting Goods for a store credit for the amount equal to the purchase price.
Images of Resistance Tubes and Resistance Tube Kits