About Coleman® CTAC Lithium-Ion Flashlights
Recall Date: 4/12/2016
This recall involves three models of Coleman® CTAC Lithium-Ion Flashlights. Models include CTAC20 (model 2000013874), CTAC40 (model 2000013873) and CTAC60 (model 2000013872). The flashlights are black, with “Coleman” printed in white along the handle and have the model number in white print on the upper portion of the handle next to the light. The flashlights are 6.5 inches long. The lithium-ion batteries inside the flashlights are red with the Coleman logo printed in white on the battery.
Coleman at 800-835-3278 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or online at www.coleman.com and click on “Safety Information” under the “Customer Support” tab at the bottom of the page and then click on “CTAC Lithium-Ion Flashlight Recall” for more information.
- Academy Sports + Outdoors, Green Supply, Sportsman’s Supply Company and sporting goods stores nationwide and online at www.coleman.com and www.amazon.com from January 2014 through August 2015 for between $65 and $75.
- Kaper Industrial LTD, of Hong Kong, China
- The Coleman Company Inc., Wichita, Kan.
Category ID: 68466
Number of Units Sold: About 8,500 in the United States (in addition, about 500 were sold in Canada)
Recalls From Other Countries
- The lithium-ion batteries can overheat, posing a fire hazard to consumers.
- Coleman has received two reports of the flashlight batteries overheating, catching fire and causing minor property damage. No injuries have been reported.
Resolution, Remedy, Fix
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled flashlights and contact Coleman for instructions on returning the flashlights for a full refund.
Images of Coleman® CTAC Lithium-Ion Flashlights